What is Box Data Room?
This is a solution for storage, management, and sharing of sensitive business data, especially documents and materials. Box data room can be successfully used during M&A and due diligence processes, as well as other crucial processes: if you need some place to save your documents for a short-term, that’s exactly the thing.
How does it work? You simply order the data room, get a cloud server at your disposal, upload files of different formats, and choose access settings for users. Next, the authorized users may:
- read and download files;
- preview documents;
- edit materials and co-work.
Why using a data room for M&A? It is the most cost-efficient option so far that combines simplicity of use and ultimate safety.
Box Data Room Functionality
Box is targeted on file sharing for individual users, but the set of its features makes this solution exceptionally good for business application: it’s perfect for collaboration and file access for team members regardless of their geographical location. The most outstanding features include:
- Total workspace and document customization with logotypes and colors.
- Access expiry option and limits on previewing and printing.
- Task automation
- Notifications about document update.
- Bulk uploads.
- Document linking.
To top it off, together with a broad range of virtual data room services, you can enjoy 24/7 customer support and various form of training (live online, personal lessons, webinars).
The advantages and disadvantages of Box Data Room
Want to find out whether Box M&A data room is suitable for your business? Let’s overview the pros and cons of this virtual data room.
|Available as a web-based, installed and cloud solution.||The free 14-day trial is limited in functionality, so you can’t check out the entire range of data room services.|
|Simple administration of a secure data room.||Back-end reporting isn’t sufficient enough.|
|Doesn’t require much training.||Lack of control for some features and functions|
|Native integration with numerous cloud apps.||Slow file loading (in rare occasions).|
If you need a non-expensive, secure and intuitive file storage environment, consider Box M&A data room. It’s perfect for data sharing and easy document management and can be used by small-to-midsize businesses that need both simplicity and functionality.
Box VDR features:
|IPO & Exits|
|M&A Buy Side|
|M&A Sell Side|
Files & Folders Management
|File Formats Supported:||as, as3, asm, bat, c, cc, cmake, cpp, cs, css, csv, cxx, diff, doc, docx, erb, gdoc, groovy, gsheet, h, haml, hh, htm, html, java, js, less, m, make, ml, mm, msg, ods, odt, pdf, php, pl, properties, py, rb, rtf, sass, s|
|Automatic Numerical Indexing of Files & Folders|
|Drag & Drop Upload of Multiple Files and Folders|
|Archives Upload & Extraction|
|Export of Data Room Index to Excel|
|Document Version Control|
|Multilingual Documents Index|
File Protection & Digital Rights Management
|Granular Document Permissions|
|Prevention of Download, Print and Copy|
|Customizable Document Watermarks|
|Document Access Expiry|
|256-Bit SSL/TLS Encryption|
|Remote Shredding of Documents|
|Secure Fence View|
|99.9% Uptime Guarantee|
|ISO 27001 Certified|
|SOC 2 Certified|
|Mobile Device Management|
|Granular User Permissions|
|Access Limitation by IP Address|
Accessibility & Ease Of Use
|Scroll-Through Web-Based Document Viewer|
|Mobile Device Interface|
|User Interface Languages:|
Search, OCR & Filters
|Search by Name|
|Search by Content (Full Text Search)|
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)|
|Filtering by Parameters|
|Basic Questions & Answers Module|
|Secure User Messaging|
|New Document Email Notifications|
|Files & Folders Notes|
|Advanced Questions & Answers Module|
Activity Tracking & Reporting
|Tracking of All User Activity|
|Real-Time Audit Trail|
|Tracking of Document Viewing Time|
|Scheduled Reports (Sending to Email)|
|Branded User Interface|
|Custom Login Page|
|Custom Agreements for Accessing Data Room|
|Single Sign-On Integration|
|Customer-Managed Encryption Keys|
|Integrations Through APIs|
|Custom User Invitation Letter|
Support & Services
|Business Hours Support|
|24/7 Email Support|
|24/7 Phone & Email Support|
|Online Help Center|
|Dedicated Project Manager|
|Support Languages:||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, Dutch, Finnish, Korean, Polish, Turkish, Danish, Norwegian|
|Data Room Archive on DVD or USB Drive|
|Multiple Datacenter Locations|
Trial & Pricing
|Clients:||AstraZeneca, General Electric, GlaxoSmith Kline, FICO, Procter & Gamble, Nationwide Insurance, Whirlpool, Boston Scientific, Bechtel, KKR, Allergan, Sundance Institute, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer, Avago, Legendary Pict|
- This software can be used to share files only!
- This software is not intended to conduct transactions. Very poor feature set and terrible tech support. I had to wait more than a day for an answer!
- Box platform is very easy to use software product! It practically does not require consultation from technical administrators. We recommend it as one of the most affordable platforms for the secure transfer of different files.
- Our company faced with the complexities of using this software. Despite the fact that BOX is well known as a low-cost and easy-to-use product, we had some difficulties in using this file exchange platform. The root folder for saving files often changes automatically, that is why you have to update the settings several times a week. This takes extra time and annoys users.
- Box software provides sufficient functionality of online file-sharing! It is the best solution for small and medium businesses!!!
- BOX is affordable and very convenient software product! You can configure it yourself without resorting to technical support.
- A great tool for sharing files, not only for business but also for your own activities. Easy, intuitive, does not require complex installations and settings.
- Box is a good online cloud-based content management software that is particularly helpful when you need easy to share any data and documents through networks. It is accessible anywhere and everywhere with a stable internet connection. This works wonders when you are out of office, and your team needs to access the documents you've been working on or vice versa. Our company uses a Box business account for more than a year. Though Box is an online exchange system, its software and cash memory does consume tons of storage space on computer, therefore I'd definitely recommend only syncing the files to be used rather than syncing all folders you're collaborating on. When compared to its competitors of cloud services, Box does look a bit attractive because of its price. Talking about the cons: this software does not open such files as .dwg and .rar in a preview mode and we have to download files for full view. This poses some uneasiness and we have to download the large drawing packages in order to review it. It is quite a hassle and takes additional time. Also, I'm not sure that Box can be classified as Virtual Data Room Software because file exchange is provided with a shareable link but not in virtual space.
- Box software is not about virtual data room. It is a cool decision for cheap online file exchange, and we use it for internal employee communication in daily routine workflow. But for due diligence, it should be chosen another provider, with a high-security certificate product.
- This is a great tool for sharing files online, but I can’t call it a full-fledged data room or virtual space for a company