What is Merrill Datasite?
If your corporation needs a safe and reliable solution for data storage, a cloud isn’t enough to satisfy your demands. You need a specifically tailored technology, and that’s where a secure data room comes in. Merill complies with the strictest demands of the industry and offers comprehensive virtual data room services for secure storage, sharing, and editing of files. Besides, it serves as a convenient collaboration platform for business internal staff and third parties.
Merill datasite is available as a web-based and cloud option – there is no mobile application. Users admit it offers a simple and intuitive interface, and the range of functions provided makes it a highly flexible solution. It is a suitable data room for M&A and due diligence processes, deals, as well as audits and collaboration.
Main features of Merrill Datasite
Merill data room stands out from the crowd of similar solutions because it may seem to be a solution tailored for big deals and collaboration only. There’s a grain of truth in it. However, the list of functions impresses:
- Options for contract management and creation (drafting, templates);
- Tracking of task completion;
- Workflow approval;
- Lifecycle management;
- Search through document text.
The advantages and disadvantages of Merrill Datasite
Being a business-oriented virtual data room Merill focuses on financial operations and content management. However, it’s not equally suitable for all businesses – it lacks some crucial options. Let’s observe its pros and cons.
|Can be integrated with different software.||No Android and iOS application – the content can only be accessed via a browser.|
|Support for MS Office files, PDF, and some graphic formats.||Expensive – high starting price.|
|Best suited for M&A, fundraising, and many other business-oriented tasks.||Lack of security features, such as digital signature, fence view, access expiry, virus scanning, SSAE 16 Certification, IP address limitation).|
|Granular access permission to the files stored in the data room.||No training options, no online help center.|
|Data backup options.|
In fact, virtual data room Merill lacks a lot of features provided by its competitors, such as iDeals or box. The biggest gap here is security: without virus scanning and encryption, you cannot be sure about the total safety of your files.
Merrill DataSite features:
|Distressed Real Estate|
|IPO & Exits|
|M&A Buy Side|
|M&A Sell Side|
Files & Folders Management
|File Formats Supported:||PDF, MS Office, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif, bmp, png, tif, tiff|
|Automatic Numerical Indexing of Files & Folders|
|Archives Upload & Extraction|
|Document Version Control|
|Drag & Drop Upload of Multiple Files and Folders|
|Export of Data Room Index to Excel|
|Multilingual Documents Index|
File Protection & Digital Rights Management
|Granular Document Permissions|
|Prevention of Download, Print and Copy|
|Remote Shredding of Documents|
|Customizable Document Watermarks|
|256-Bit SSL/TLS Encryption|
|Data at Rest Encryption|
|Secure Fence View|
|Document Access Expiry|
|99.9% Uptime Guarantee|
|ISO 27001 Certified|
|SOC 2 Certified|
|SSAE 16 Certified|
|Granular User Permissions|
|Mobile Device Management|
|Access Limitation by IP Address|
Accessibility & Ease Of Use
|Scroll-Through Web-Based Document Viewer|
|Web-Based Excel Spreadsheets Viewer|
|Mobile Device Interface|
|User Interface Languages:||English|
Search, OCR & Filters
|Search by Name|
|Search by Content (Full Text Search)|
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)|
|Filtering by Parameters|
|Basic Questions & Answers Module|
|New Document Email Notifications|
|Advanced Questions & Answers Module|
|Secure User Messaging|
|Files & Folders Notes|
Activity Tracking & Reporting
|Tracking of All User Activity|
|Real-Time Audit Trail|
|Exporting Reports to Excel|
|Tracking of Document Viewing Time|
|Scheduled Reports (Sending to Email)|
|Branded User Interface|
|Custom Login Page|
|Custom User Invitation Letter|
|Custom Agreements for Accessing Data Room|
|Active Directory Integration|
|Single Sign-On Integration|
|Customer-Managed Encryption Keys|
|Integrations Through APIs|
|Custom Workflows and Features|
Support & Services
|Business Hours Support|
|24/7 Email Support|
|24/7 Phone & Email Support|
|Dedicated Project Manager|
|Data Room Archive on DVD or USB Drive|
|Support Languages:||Arabic, Chinese, German, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish.|
|Online Help Center|
|Multiple Datacenter Locations|
Trial & Pricing
|Locations:||United States, Canada, CHINA, HONG KONG, INDONESIA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, SOUTH KOREA, THAILAND, UNITED KINGDOM, FRANCE, GERMANY, IRELAND, ITALY, RUSSIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, TURKEY, BRAZIL, CHILE, MEXICO, PERU, SOUTH A|
- DatasiteOne virtual data room is not the best on the market. We use this data room to efficiently share documents for diligence efforts between multiple parties, but there is a range of issues, that cause some difficulties in our working process such as: identifying new uploads on the site; short time period for users; poor functionality of searching the documents.
- It is a powerful brand name which matters to some investment banks. But for the small projects, it is too complicated and really expansive.
- Datasite Data Room well suited for a basic document sharing platform between two or three parties. But I've found it less efficient and slow when you involve over 10 users and multiple users uploading documents. I prefer Firmex, but it is not presented in the rating table. Firmex software has a strong search function and a user interface that makes it easy to identify new documents. Merrill is robust and offers the same basic tools, but I find its interface less intuitive.
- Our company got not so good experience with the Datasite product. It was a very complicated process to configure and install this software. Fortunately, they have great technical support, but the instructions should be clear not only for IT specialists. I'm sure that for this money you can consider another provider of virtual data rooms.
- Datasite software is implemented quickly with options to share necessary content throughout the organization. It has an excellent customer service that is always attentive to the inconveniences we may have. We used it for corporate document flow, to share files and data for all workers who need it within the company.
- This company has brought a lot of innovation to our file sharing administration. In this sense, we have noticed quite a few improvements with the convenience with which we can share files in the clouds, thanks to its wide capacity of integration to all kinds of external services. The cache configuration is quite automated.
- I have always used their classic data room functions which are used in an M&A process. This includes secure data storage and exchange, smooth collaboration tools, etc. These are especially helpful while in the process of due diligence, but support supposed to be better.
- It is a great soft for powerful due diligence distribution with an excellent data integrity toolset. We've been Merrill's clients for a year.